Write about a time that you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

Prompt:     Like many, I've been in nature too many times to count growing up, whether through travel, camping, or just being in my backyard. But one time that stands out is when we visited Tennessee, including the Smoky Mountains. We took an ATV adventure tour. After riding up and around a part of the mountain for about an hour, we quickly slowed down and stopped at the peak of the range we were in. Once I got off and took off my helmet, everything was so quiet and peaceful, especially considering the noise of the engine I had been hearing for a while. There, I could admire the grand view of the mountains all around and in the distance. I could here the birds, squirrels, and other animals here and there, and the haze that the mountains were known for lingering in the distance. So, that transition from loud to the peaceful quiet of nature was one time I felt connected, like I was immediately part of the forest and mountains. I was even covered in rain and mud.

Summary:     Today's lesson was about Native American culture in terms of their stories. We learned about how they were passed on through generations orally, and common themes from their stories, including nature and spiritual connections to all aspects of Earth. 

Reflection:     Class was a good introduction to what we're going to learn this unit, and gave a good refresher on what make Native American stories special and why we're going to read them and how influential they are to American Lit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 things I want to achieve this year - 2026.