In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

 I severely overthink and worry right before tests or exams. I end up sweating a lot and just totally overthink questions and forget important things. In reality, I know most of the concepts and the test is quite easy, or the worse happens and because I forgot important things, I get bad grades. I have learned to take a deep breath and say that as long as I’ve payed attention, studied, and done all the coursework possible, there’s no way that I could get anything less than what I’ve prepared for.

Today in class we read a poem by Emily Dickinson and analyzed it.

I thought today was very productive, especially the way we went over and annotated the poem. I never would’ve pulled out the meaning and analyzed it as well without going over it as a class, and I’m surprised how much meaning was contained within it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Write about a time that you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

3 things I want to achieve this year - 2026.