In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

 One time this happened was, honestly, when I chose to take painting this year instead of another AP as an elective. In my mind, the other AP would obviously add to my gpa, but other than me learning something a bit new, I knew it would add a lot of work this year. So I chose painting because I truly enjoy art and it’s one of the ways I’m going to have a kind of down time during the school day this year. That’s definitely a decision made by my heart.

Today, we analyzed a poem called Heart, We Will Forget Him. There’s also a small assignment to go with it.

It, again, was really good to analyze the poem with the class because it truly helps you understand it. The small assignment is drawing a heart separating mind and your feelings, logic and passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Write about a time that you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

3 things I want to achieve this year - 2026.