Have you ever had a first impression of someone that later turned out to be wrong? What made you form that first impression, and what eventually changed your mind? Based on what you have read so far, what first impression do you have of Mr. Shiflet? Explain what he has said or done that has shaped your opinion of him.

 Honestly, I had the wrong impression of my 8th grade Georgia studies teacher. He had a very large and tall build, with a commanding, scary tone. But a few days into school, the whole class and I had figured out by then that he was just strict, but very respectful of us as long as we were the same of him. Our minds were changed quickly when we realized how good of a teacher he was, and how well he was preparing us for the end of year tests, and he was very calm. Mr Shiflet seemed frail yet calm in the first few paragraphs of the story, but now he seems slightly sneaky as if he’s trying to get something, the car perhaps.

Today we started reading a new story.

It’s good so far. I like the new concept and theme of this book, moving on from the Rockpile. I’m interested to see how this plot will end up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Write about a time that you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

3 things I want to achieve this year - 2026.