In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

 One experience that reminded me how fast life truly moves was at last year’s half cap ceremony. It was all of a sudden, and you only have 2 years left. Overall, time feels like it moves super slow until you look back and ahead and realize how far you are. This especially happens with homework and tests, and the stress of the school year overall. So I’ve slowly learned to value time by finding more hobbies and things to do before college. 

Today we read another poem and began an assignment about it.

I really like the poem, it’s extremely visual. It formats Death in a way I’ve never come across before, as a carriage driver. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Write about a time that you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

3 things I want to achieve this year - 2026.